When we talk about personal information, we mean information or an opinion about an individual where you can tell or reasonably work out who the information or opinion is about.
We will only collect personal information about you that is relevant to our organisation. This may include general information such as your name, e-mail address, contact details. We do not store your IP address.
Personal information is only collected through our website when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request information such as your name, address and email, to provide you with information you have requested, as well as bank account or credit card details if you want to join or donate to the Party or attend one of our events. If you do not provide that information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services you requested.
Our purpose for collecting personal information should be clear when we collect it. If you are uncertain, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can generally visit our website without revealing who you are or other personal information. We will not collect any personal information about visitors to this website except where they are registered members, where information is provided by registered members or where a visitor provides us with personal information to enable us to provide them with information, such as an email update or newsletter. We may use technology to keep track of which sections of our website you visit to help us improve our website and other services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will only use your personal information as allowed by law. This means we may use it for the purpose it was collected, as disclosed to you at the time of collection or as otherwise set out in this policy. If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will first seek your consent unless we are not required to by law.
We generally only use or disclose your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries or comments;
- supply you with goods, services or information you have requested;
- tell you about any new developments, campaigns, or events we think may interest you;
- request your assistance (such as volunteering or donating to assist in our campaigns);
- disclose donations, whether required by law or otherwise;
- help us to improve our website and services;
- Australia’s Representatives candidates or other authorised members who have signed a Confidentiality Agreement with the party;
- other organisations that provide services to us, such as telecommunications companies, event organisers, IT contractors (such as website developers and hosts), lawyers, accountants, financiers and promotions companies, each obliged to confidentiality; and
- meet any legal requirements.
Any information posted in comments or forums or communicated in chat areas becomes public information and you take full responsibility for the disclosure of such material and any legal consequences that might arise for you as a consequence.
If you believe personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, please advise us. We will generally take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where such inaccuracies are identified.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
We use third party social media and applications provided by the following third party organisations to engage with you:
- Google – to track and analyse the number of visitors and their use of our website;
- YouTube – to publish videos;
- Telegram, Twitter and Facebook – to publish information such as news, updates, photos and videos;
- as well other third party applications from time to time, which may be hosted on servers overseas.
We may use and publish information you disclose through social media on our website, deeming it to be in the public domain.
When donating to Australia’s Representatives your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security, please contact us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
To keep up with regulatory, technical and organisational change, we may amend this policy from time to time by publishing the updated policy on our website. Please visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
For further information, problems or complaints regarding our information handling practices, please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.